The PIA is a not-for-profit Registered Group Training Organisation which recruits, employs and manages on-job and off-job placement of Plumbing Apprentices.
Apprenticeships consist of four years of both working/learning with a host employer and attending Trade School to complete the required training units for a Certificate III in Plumbing and/or Gasfitting.
The PIA takes every step required to look after it's Apprentices and ensure they are well suited and satisfied with their Host Employer.
PIA Apprentices are employed by the PIA directly. Should an issue arise where the Host Employer can no longer host the Apprentice, PIA will undertake to find another appropriate placement for them.
PIA has a Code of Ethics, Employment Agreement and undertakes the necessary measures to ensure the Apprentice is protected and safe in their work environment. PIA also provides the Whitecard Induction training to all it's Apprentices.
|SELECTION & RECRUITMENT|
All PIA Candidates undergo a selection process conducted by experienced and qualified trainers and plumbing professionals, and includes an Assessment Tool containing:
- basic understanding of the plumbing trade
- geometry & mathematics
- English language
- Problem solving
- Spatial Reasoning
- Sketching & drawing interpretation
- Worksite safety
An ideal candidate will:
- Have completed year 11 at High School, including Maths and English and
- Have researched and undertaken work experience in plumbing or construction and
- Be prepared to undertake pre-apprenticeship training and
- Be fit and physically robust and
- Keen to work outdoors and
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and
- Have excellent inter-personal skills and
- Take pride in working accurately and neatly and
- Take every opportunity to learn the their trade
For further information on PIA Apprenticeships, please dowload our 'Step into a career in Plumbing' brochure >>
Please also click here to view our information on the process of becoming a licened plumber.
To apply for an Apprenticeship, please follow the process detailed below:
Practice Aptitude Test
Please complete this test prior to sending us your application
- PIA Apprenticeship Application Pack
You will need to complete and return this to us, along with your resume